- Open to current degree seeking students at the University of South Carolina-Columbia throughout the internship/co-op. Preference given to undergraduate students.
- Preference given to award recipients who will not require sponsorship for US work authorization post-graduation.
- Criteria for this award focuses on internship/co-op opportunities with South Carolina companies in the areas of Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Health and Life sciences, and Financial Services, as well as company information submitted through Handshake.
- Internship/co-op is in-person and located in South Carolina during Spring 2024.
How to Apply:
Students wishing to apply for the South Carolina Internship Program Award must complete the following steps. Supplements are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Application does not guarantee award. Application for Spring 2024 closes February 29, 2024.
- Secure a signed employer offer letter for a Spring 2024 internship or co-op
- Log in to Handshake
- Click "Career Center" in the upper left-hand corner > Select "Experiences" > "Submit an Experience" > Select "South Carolina Internship Program Application" > Complete all required information > Click "Create Experience"
- Upload employer offer letter (signed by employer and student)
Applicants will receive notification from Handshake when their application has been reviewed. Ensure your Handshake notifications are turned on. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis.
Email SCIntern@sc.edu for all inquiries for the South Carolina Internship Program (SCIP).
Support Students in the South Carolina Internship Program will Receive:
- Pre-internship guidance to help you be work ready on day one
- Ongoing support through mid-term check-in
- Assessment of work readiness through end of term evaluation
Awarding & Withdrawal Policy:
Funds will be distributed and awarded in the form of a stipend at the conclusion of the internship/co-op opportunity. Funds are considered taxable income and recipients will receive a 1099 at the end of the year. Recipients must successfully complete the entire internship/co-op as reported in their Handshake Experience application materials. Failure to complete the internship/co-op will result in the funding being rescinded.
Additional Stipulations for South Carolina Internship Program:
- Applicants may only receive one South Carolina Internship Program stipend/award during their time as a USC student
- Selection: Stipend/award recipients will be selected based on meeting the eligibility standards and the availability of funds
- Students approved for the South Carolina Internship Program award will complete an end-of-term evaluation (this is typically a 360 online evaluation)