Alexander von Humboldt Foundation German Chancellor Fellowship
Goes By: German Chancellor Fellowship
Be sure to consult the Fellowship Website for complete eligibility and competition requirements.
About this Fellowship
Year-long fellowships for prospective leaders to implement a self-designed project in Germany.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships to prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, South Africa and the USA – irrespective of their field of work. Together with a German host and mentor of their choice, fellows conduct a socially relevant project they have developed independently.
• A monthly fellowship of €2,000, €2,300 or €2,600, depending on the applicant’s qualifications
• Flexible timing: 12-month fellowship
• Individual mentoring during the stay in Germany
• Additional financial support such as mobility allowance, subsidies towards insurances, family benefits and support towards travel expenses
• Intensive preparatory German course and further language support
• Joint programme events with an opportunity to meet the German Chancellor, and an invitation to a study tour of Germany
• The chance to actively participate in a vibrant network and cooperate in peer groups
• Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during the fellow`s entire professional career
• The applicant must be a national of Brazil, People's Republic of China, India, South Africa or the United States.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship
• A mentoring agreement from the host in Germany
• A project plan which candidates must draw up independently and coordinate with their host.
• Initial proven leadership experience
Application deadlines vary by fellowship. Check website for current deadlines.
A monthly fellowship grant of €2,000-2,600 (depending on experience), intensive German language training, travel to two professional development conferences, health insurance subsidy and optional dependent support.
|Year(s) of Application
|Senior, Alumni/Non-enrolled, Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
|Campus Nomination Required
Last updated: April 7, 2023