All teaching faculty and graduate assistants at the University of South Carolina must be qualified and credentialed to teach the courses where they are listed as the Instructor of Record. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible.
The Dean's office supports the credentialing process by acting as a liaison between the units and the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Analytics (OIRAA). This support includes:
- Requesting Official Transcripts for both USC and non-USC Graduate Degrees and coursework.
- Reviewing transcripts and documents for qualifications.
- Working with units to draft appropriate memos as needed to support credentials.
- Uploading Credential Materials to OIRAA's Compliance Assist System.
- Coordinating with OIRAA's staff to ensure compliance with SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation.
View the links below for more information about the SACSCOC Accreditation Standards and University policies on credentialing Instructors of Record. These resources include the current versions of the fillable Alternative Credentials form, Graduate Teaching Assistant form, and the Graduate Coursework forms that ensure we are in compliance with university policy and for accreditation.