College of Arts and Science student ambassadors represent the college at campus and community events, including events with prospective students, alumni, the college's Board of Visitors, and other groups in the community. Ambassadors act as informal mentors to prospective students and new students in the college.
Benefits of Becoming a Student Ambassador
- Develop your networking, communication and leadership skills.
- Serve USC and the Columbia community.
- Earn credit towards your Graduation with Leadership Distinction.
- Optionally enroll in COLA 390 Community Internship (1 credit) to receive academic credit.
- Earn $12 per hour for participation in assigned college events or activities.
Student Ambassador Responsibilities
Student Ambassadors must operate in keeping with the values, mission and image of the University of South Carolina’s College of Arts and Science.
- Represent the college at recruitment and other special events (Open Houses, Admitted Student Days, Summer Seniors events, Family Weekend, Board of Visitors and Alumni Council events, community engagement events, etc.) and in college promotional material.
- Contribute to college social media content to showcase the experience of students
in the college.
Provide informal tours and serve as a resource to prospective and incoming students, alumni and special guests of the college.
Assist with new student orientation sessions held by the college through meet-and-greet sessions, student Q&A panels, informal tours and related activities.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the college related to its recruitment and orientation programming.
- All ambassadors must be available from 3:00-4:30 pm on Fridays; we will hold professional development sessions during that time.
- Participate in a minimum of five college events/activities and three professional
Complete an end-of-semester evaluation survey and reflection activity.
- Ambassadors enrolled in COLA 390 must complete all course assignments, including an introductory meeting, brief readings, a journal and a final reflection.
Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will open in Mach 2024. The deadline for the applications is May 1, 2024. For more information, or if you have questions about the student ambassador program, email Jamie Bush.
- Open to undergraduate students pursuing a major in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Must have completed at least one academic year at USC and are in good academic standing.
- Must have the endorsement of a faculty member or academic advisor in your major; Provide your endorser’s contact information on the application.
- Commit for the full 2024-2025 academic year.